Editor-in-chief and Publishing Manager
* was born in Innsbruck in Austria and studied at the University of Innsbruck. Her roles have included Director of the Austrian Institute of Design in Vienna, Editor of the Book Austrian Design (Basel, Birkhäuser 2006) and Senior Consultant at Brainds Marken und Design GmbH in Vienna.
Karin has always had a passion for children’s literature. She thoroughly enjoyed reading picture books to her son and by that point she had started to think about how to get adults excited about reading out loud and how to spark a love of reading in youngsters. The answer? Inspiring stories with beautiful illustrations and an appealing editorial design. She founded Papperlapapp and is now Editor-in-chief and Publishing Manager.
Editor and Sales Manager
* was born in Linz in Austria. Having studied History at the University of Vienna, she started working at the Wiener Literaturhaus cultural centre, where she can express her love of language and literature to her heart’s content.
She has been involved with Papperlapapp since the start of 2016 and is responsible for the editorial staff and sales agendas – a role she is passionate about.
* was born in Hamburg, Germany. She completed a bachelor’s degree in Education at the University of Vienna and is currently studying for a master’s degree at Harvard University. The daughter of a film and theatre actress and a director, she grew up surrounded by children’s literature.
She has worked for Papperlapapp since November 2016 alongside her work with children with special needs. She offers editorial and social media support to the Publishing department.
Designer & Calligrapher
* was born in Hildesheim in Germany and has two children. Since she completed a qualification in Colour Design Studies at the Hildesheim University of Applied Sciences and Arts, she has been working in the fields of calligraphy and type in space. She lives in Vienna and works as a freelance designer and calligrapher there.
As well as completing graphics projects, she runs calligraphy seminars aimed at children and adults. Her book Calligraphy and creative writing for children has won multiple awards. She worked with Karin Hirschberger to create the concept behind Papperlapapp, offering the initial creative inspiration. She currently supports the editorial board by contributing ideas and sharing her experience.
Clinical Psychologist, Psychotherapist
Academic Expert in Children’s and Young Adult Literature
* was born in Vienna in Austria. She studied German Studies and Journalism in Vienna and works as a Research Assistant for Stube, a study and information centre for children’s and young adult literature.
She brings expertise in children’s and young adult literature to the Papperlapapp team.