Editor-in-chief and Publishing Manager
* was born in Innsbruck in Austria and studied at the University of Innsbruck. Her roles have included Director of the Austrian Institute of Design in Vienna, Editor of the Book Austrian Design (Basel, Birkhäuser 2006) and Senior Consultant at Brainds Marken und Design GmbH in Vienna.
Karin has always had a passion for children’s literature. She thoroughly enjoyed reading picture books to her son and by that point she had started to think about how to get adults excited about reading out loud and how to spark a love of reading in youngsters. The answer? Inspiring stories with beautiful illustrations and an appealing editorial design. She founded Papperlapapp and is now Editor-in-chief and Publishing Manager.
International Sales & Foreign Rights
* in Kitzbühel, Tyrol, teacher training for secondary schools in German studies and history at the University of Innsbruck, DEA en Littérature et histoire des idees des pays de langue allemande, Université de Paris IV - Sorbonne, MSc (Counseling) - Master course psychosocial counselling, life and social counselling, his entire professional life as a teacher (Lycée français de Vienne) as director (AKG Vienna, European School Luxembourg) and as deputy headmaster (AKG Vienna, European School Luxembourg), was a member of the faculty of the University of Innsbruck. General Secretary of the European Schools (Brussels) and in family life, he was intensively and joyfully involved with the challenges of bilingual and multilingual schools and bilingual education. He happened to come across Papperlapapp. Convinced of Papperlapapp's potential, he docked with the publishing house and has since been responsible for distribution and licensing to French-speaking countries, Luxembourg and international schools.
Sales Manager, Switzerland
* in Zurich, Switzerland. She studied acting at the Berliner Schule für Bühnenkunst, completed a classical singing education at the Folkwang Universität der Künste in Essen and spent several years on various stages. To become artistic director, she completed a Master in Cultural Management at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences. But she missed the detailed work on language and its interpretation. Therefore she founded the Kommode Verlag in Zurich in October 2010. For Papperlapapp she is the first contact person for all sales agendas in Switzerland.
Editor and Sales Manager, Austria & Germany
* was born in Linz in Austria. Having studied History at the University of Vienna, she started working at the Wiener Literaturhaus cultural centre, where she can express her love of language and literature to her heart’s content.
She has been involved with Papperlapapp since the start of 2016 and is responsible for the editorial staff and sales agendas – a role she is passionate about.
Clinical Psychologist, Psychotherapist, member of the editorial advisory board
Director of the ZOOM Kindermuseum, member of the editorial advisory board
* was born in Austria, studied history, psychology and philosophy; research and teaching activities in the fields of the history of childhood and the history of science; 1995-2001 organisation of the research focus "Xenophobia" in the Ministry of Science; since 2003 director of the ZOOM Children's Museum. From 2003 - 2011 board member of the European Children's Museum Association "Hands on Europe".
Academic Expert in Children’s and Young Adult Literature, member of the editorial advisory board
* was born in Vienna in Austria. She studied German Studies and Journalism in Vienna and works as a Research Assistant for Stube, a study and information centre for children’s and young adult literature.
She brings expertise in children’s and young adult literature to the Papperlapapp team.
Designer & Calligrapher, former member of the editorial advisory board
* was born in Hildesheim in Germany and has two children. Since she completed a qualification in Colour Design Studies at the Hildesheim University of Applied Sciences and Arts, she has been working in the fields of calligraphy and type in space. She lives in Vienna and works as a freelance designer and calligrapher there.
As well as completing graphics projects, she runs calligraphy seminars aimed at children and adults. Her book Calligraphy and creative writing for children has won multiple awards. She worked with Karin Hirschberger to create the concept behind Papperlapapp, offering the initial creative inspiration. She supported the editorial board by contributing ideas and sharing her experience till issue #14.